Only three days in and my magical make-it month is starting to stress me out. I wish I was kidding.

Inspired by old family photographs that I confiscated from my dad and by the journals my sister makes, I started creating a Ukrainian-themed journal earlier this year.

Last night I worked on the inside cover (i.e., the gluey mess I alluded to in my last post) and my sister bound it for me. Today I set to work on the front cover. I decided to use the wedding photograph of my great-great grandparents…and…voila!
Ukrainian cover

…when I finished cutting and inking and gluing and tweaking, I went to show it off, so very proud of myself….and that’s when I realized I had put it all on the back cover

upside down.

To cut myself some slack, I am going to blame it on the fact that I’m running a fever and there are 4 medications running through my system today.  Back to the drawing board tomorrow.

If you’d like to see an fabulous example of a “junk journal” check out my sister’s page: RecycledbySkattur